Over the past two decades, the University of Nicosia has led the development of life and health sciences programmes in Cyprus. The University of Nicosia started the first medical programme in Cyprus in 2011 by offering the St George’s, University of London Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) graduate-entry programme.
Our Medical School, the largest in the country offers two medical programmes and four postgraduate degrees:
• St George’s, University of London Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS),a 4-year graduate-entry British medical degree quality assured by the UK General Medical Council and awarded by St George’s, University of London
• Doctor of Medicine (MD), a 6-year undergraduate-entry degree
• Master of Public Health (MPH), a fully online degree for working professionals and new graduates
• Master in Family Medicine (MSc FM), a degree for practicing doctors delivered entirely online
• Master of Science in Health Services Administration (MHSA), a fully online degree for working professionals and new graduates
• Doctorate in Medical Sciences (PhD), for research in all disciplines or specialties of Medicine
More than 850 students from 64 countries around the world are enrolled in our Medical School, coming from as far away as the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
In addition to our achievements in medical education and research, you also benefit from world-class faculty members, experienced and supportive staff, international partnerships, and state-of-the-art facilities and learning resources. The student-centred curriculum allows for the early development of clinical skills and reasoning, and promotes collaborative learning, critical thinking and reflection, skills that are essential for your future career in medicine.
Our graduates are practising as doctors across the world, including the USA, Canada, UK, other EU countries, Israel and Lebanon.