The University of Nicosia Medical School, is currently in need of Simulated Patients, between the ages of 18-80, both female and male with a good command of English.
What will you do? You will enact specific roles of patients with different clinical problems (e.g. asthma, back ache, heart problems, etc.) and you will be trained to give direct feedback to medical students on their performance.
Complete and submit your application form. The application form can be downloaded by clicking here.
After submitting your application form, your application will be reviewed and upon successful screening you will be invited to attend a 3-hour training session.
During the 3-hour training session you will learn how the clinical communication sessions are taught as well as how to give feedback to students. You will be given written patient scenarios and you will be observed performing the role and you will be evaluated based on your performance.
Upon successful completion of the training, you will be offered a Service Level Agreement with the University of Nicosia Medical School.
Once you join our team you will be invited to participate in different sessions throughout the Academic Year on an ad-hoc basis, based on our demands and your availability.
If you’re interested in joining our team please send your application form at [email protected] .
For any questions you may contact Ms Eliana Christoforou, SP Coordinator, at 22471989.
All applications will be reviewed in the strictest confidence.
The University of Nicosia Medical School is seeking a well-qualified and motivated professional to join our team for the post of Laboratory Technician.
Laboratories support for medical programmes offered by the University of Nicosia. Role holder will possess a basic knowledge of the MD6 medical programme and the organization’s policies and procedures and provide excellent customer service in regard to implementing laboratories functions.
Primary Job Function:
Primarily responsible for setting up all MD6 practical laboratory sessions, including but not limited to the following:
- Assist and support the chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology, histology, pathology, physics, and physiology laboratories (all courses of the MD6 programme)
- Prepare solutions and glassware for all MD6 experiments
- Clean up the laboratories after practical sessions, including washing the glassware, etc.
- Maintain a working inventory of MD6 consumables and chemicals
- Assist MD6 and MBBS4 medical students with student-directed learning (SDL) during working hours
- Immediately notify Head of Medical School Laboratories of incidents or problems in laboratories
- Maintain clean and organized storerooms and preparation rooms
- Assist with MD6 and MBBS4 microbiology laboratories, includes cell culturing
- Assist with receiving new equipment and consumables (may require heavy lifting – equipment)
- Follow and enforce the laboratory policies of the University of Nicosia, especially Health & Safety Codes
- Assist with the laboratory support of postgraduate medical courses, i.e., MRCS of England Exam
- Assist with MD6 and MBBS OSCE setup and support
- Maintain the functional operation of all laboratory equipment and manikins
- Maintain a good working relationship with the other laboratory technicians at the University of Nicosia
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and willingness to travel from the main campus to the Medical School to help with clinical skills session setup support
- Proven ability to function in a demanding environment managing conflicting priorities
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change
- Ability to handle ‘clients’ professionally during all interfaces and at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to think outside the box and solution-oriented
- Experience with Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry and Microbiology Experiments and Lab Techniques
Experience: 2 years in a related field
Education: Biology degree or related degree an advantage
Work Status: Full time
Travel: Position requires 0-10% travel
Reporting: Reports to Head of Medical School Laboratories
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for the post, in English, to [email protected]
by Wednesday 24 October 2018.